Here at K and M Maintenance, we are Preston’s leading boiler, gas and electrical specialists, and we work with homeowners and business to install top quality electrical solutions. One of the jobs we often undertake is the installation of†domestic exterior lighting. But what does this help with, and what will it involve? Well, this is our guide to the advantages of domestic exterior lighting.
Exterior spotlight lighting
Spotlight lighting outside can be a fantastic way to light your drive, or your garden at night. By installing small lights along the wall, you can illuminate different pathways or steps and creating a stunning path of light around your home. And as these work on LED bulbs, they wont use a lot of electricity either. The advantages of this type of domestic exterior lighting include:
- more stylish than wall mounted security lights
- keeping your outdoor space well lit to deter crime
- †energy efficient lighting so will not cost much
- LEDs last a long time so you wont have to replace the bulbs very often
Wall mounted security lights
Wall mounted security lights are great for flooding your outdoor space with light, usually when motion is detected. This can be enough to deter crime and keep your home and family safe. In general these are cheaper to install than exterior spotlight lighting as well, although they are not as aesthetically pleasing. The advantages of this type of domestic exterior lighting include:
- illuminating a large space, unlike a spotlight
- cheaper to install
- motion sensitive, so will only activate when motion is detected
- can work alongside CCTV cameras to protect your home
Many homes make good use of both types of exterior lighting, with the security lighting illuminating particular zones, like the drive and the side of the house, and the spotlights illuminating the garden.†For more information or advice, get in touch with the professionals today, here at K and M Maintenance.